Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 4

Another great day under our belt for our little man. I know he has a lot of people rooting for him and its really helping! The new milestone that we reached today was starting to feed him my breast milk. He is being fed through a tube in his nose that goes into his tummy. Landry feels like he is starving so if I tried to breastfeed him he would eat way too much. They are starting him out on 1cc an hour just to see how his body tolerates the milk and if the intestines start to absorb it. They will increase the amount as they see he is doing well. Tyler was only able to see him through the window today because he feels like he might be coming down with a cold. Hopefully it is just allergies. I got to change his diaper today which was a little scary since it is right near his broviac line but it all went well. I can't wait until I can start to nurse him myself. The nurses have said that if he continues to do well, we will be able to bring him home in between the surgeries. It would be scary since he would still have the clostomy bag and I think the broviac in but it would be sooooo great! We will see.




Grandma Lu lovin' up Landry



No comments:

Post a Comment