Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 16

Another good day down for Landry today.  He is now getting an ounce every three hours and I can still nurse him twice a day after I pump.  I still can't get over what a great breastfeeder he is.  He latches on in no time and gets right down to business.  I hope he continues to do this well, and the way things are going, it looks like he will!  It seems like as each day passes, it gets harder and harder to leave him.  It is so hard to trust your newborn into the hands of a total stranger.  I feel like I get to know certain nurses really well and trust them just to have a new nurse show up the next day who I have never seen before.  It is like starting all over every few days.  I feel so much more comfortable with some nurses; its too bad that I can't make a list of nurses that he can have.  At least I know that he won't have the one nurse that I REALLY didn't like ever again.  I will be so glad when he is home and in our care 100% of the time.  



All snuggled in his bassinet!

No comments:

Post a Comment