Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 41

These days are so long sometimes that when I sit down to write at the end of the day, I don't even remember where to start! Sometimes I think I'm losing my mind! =) So...today....the surgeon came in to check on Landry and thought his tummy was slightly distended and a little harder than usual. He seemed fussy but was easy to soothe so she thought it was hunger making him upset. She ordered an x-ray but before it was taken, he had a big poop which seemed to help a lot. They did the x-ray anyway since it was already ordered and it showed that there was an area of the bowel that looked a little bigger. She decided to be extremely cautious and keep his feeding at 20cc's today just to be on the safe side. She is still very confident that this should work and we won't need another surgery. She feels like the first time around, Landry just fooled us and she should have realized that his progress was too good to be true. It makes me feel better to know that she is keeping such a close watch on him. She even came back this afternoon to see him and has been really proud of his progress so far.

Today I had my 6 week check up with my OBGYN and a dentist appt. Doesn't get much better than that!! So at my OBGYN my nurse was asking how things were going....I said we were hanging in there, which led to her asking me what I meant, which led to me crying telling her everything going on....awkward! So I decided at the dentist that I wouldn't mention anything about Landry being in the hospital. That turned into a whole different kind of awkward where I was asked how I was handling the sleepless nights with a newborn at home, etc, etc.... Glad those appointments are over!

So tomorrow is another day and hopefully Landry will continue his great progress and we can get him home once and for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment